Ahead of our Brownfield Redevelopment: North 2019 conference speaker Paul Smith, Managing Director, Strategic Land Group, hosted a free webinar on 'Can Brownfield Land Solve the Housing Crisis?'.
The webinar covers:
- Myths around brownfield land
- Characteristics that typify “good” brownfield sites/what do developers look for
- Benefits to building on brownfield for a developer
- The point at which remediation work tips the scale - does this depend on developers’ individual risk appetite/criteria or are there aspects that would deter most?
- Barriers to brownfield development & overcoming those
- Summary: can brownfield land solve the housing crisis and how to encourage more land being brought forward
Speaker: Paul Smith, Managing Director, Strategic Land Group
Paul Smith is Managing Director of specialist land promotion company, Strategic Land Group. Paul benefits from a unique mix of skills, having held senior roles within both planning and development, spending more than a decade with Taylor Wimpey, where he was Land and Planning Director for the house builder’s Manchester office. Paul is a regular housing industry commentator, and is outspoken on issues relating to planning, development and solving the UK’s housing crisis. Recognising the huge missed opportunity when it comes to self-build, Paul has also recently launched a new venture, MyPlot - the first online self-build platform, created to strip the complexity from self-build and supporting government ambitions to boost figures from 12,000 to 20,000 homes each year.